On Tuesday, 22 January 2019, Financial Times in partnership with PZU will present Spotlight on Global Access to Healthcare, the exclusive evening reception held at Polish House in Davos, that bring together healthcare and technology pioneers to share world-wide collaborative approaches on how best to create robust and inclusive healthcare systems.
Thanks to the joint efforts of PZU and Bank Pekao S.A., Polish House will be opened for the first time during the World Economic Forum in Davos. For the entire duration of one of the most important meetings of global business leaders, the venue will house debates, presentations and conferences on global issues and the Polish economy.
On Friday, December 14, 2018, the Atlantic Council and PZU SA signed a multi-year strategic partnership agreement at the Council’s Annual Forum in Washington DC. PZU, a publicly-traded Polish insurance company, is the largest insurance group in Poland and stands among the largest financial institutions in Central Europe.
Prime Minister lauds Poland's new designation as developed nation. Harvard mentor program with top Polish CEOs announced at NYC event.
The optimism was palpable at the Harvard Club on October 4, as speakers and panelists gave presentations at the event “Poland: The Can-Do Nation,” presented by PZU, one of Poland's largest financial institutions, in cooperation with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The air of enthusiasm was not surprising, given that just over a week ago Poland was officially recognized as a developed market, less than 30 years after it became a free market economy.
Poland in Numbers
- GDP 524,6 bln USD Source: Euromonitor(2017)
- GDP growth 4,6% Source: Euromonitor(2017)
- Ease of doing business 27 Source: Euromonitor Inflation 2,1% Source: Euromonitor(2018)
- FDI Flows 2,4% Source: EIU (2018)
- PMI 52,0 Source: Santander (09.2018)
- Unemployment 5,8% Source: Santander (3Q 2018)
- No of households 13,6 mln Source: Euromonitor (2017)
- Population 38,6 mln Source: EIU
- Lending rate 3,1 Source: Euromonitor (2017)