New Harris Poll/PZU Survey Shows Americans Underestimate Poland’s Economic Strength, Innovation and Education Levels
Poll shows 89 percent don’t believe Poland ranks in top 40 of most innovative countries; 64 percent think Poland’s economy based on agriculture; 47 percent think there are not many job opportunities.
Prime Minister lauds Poland's new designation as developed nation. Harvard mentor program with top Polish CEOs announced at NYC event.
The optimism was palpable at the Harvard Club on October 4, as speakers and panelists gave presentations at the event “Poland: The Can-Do Nation,” presented by PZU, one of Poland's largest financial institutions, in cooperation with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The air of enthusiasm was not surprising, given that just over a week ago Poland was officially recognized as a developed market, less than 30 years after it became a free market economy.
Poland in Numbers
- GDP 524,6 bln USD Source: Euromonitor(2017)
- GDP growth 4,6% Source: Euromonitor(2017)
- Ease of doing business 27 Source: Euromonitor Inflation 2,1% Source: Euromonitor(2018)
- FDI Flows 2,4% Source: EIU (2018)
- PMI 52,0 Source: Santander (09.2018)
- Unemployment 5,8% Source: Santander (3Q 2018)
- No of households 13,6 mln Source: Euromonitor (2017)
- Population 38,6 mln Source: EIU
- Lending rate 3,1 Source: Euromonitor (2017)